Saturday, November 13, 2010

Something I Cherish, Friendship.

Two days ago, I presented my second speech for toastmaster. The speech was titled "Something I Cherish, Friendship."

I was so nervous when it was my turn to make my speech. When I stepped in front of the crowd my mind went totally blank. I forgotten every thing that I've prepared *which is just the afternoon before the toastmaster's meeting xD I know I'm a last minute person* 

My opening was a mess as I had forgotten what I've prepared and so there are constant pauses where I tried to remember what I've prepared. By the time I reach the body, my mind is in a total mess. I could only remember bits of what I've prepared. Therefore, here comes in my impromptu. I recalled back any memories that I've had, put it into sentences and speak it out. This really brings back a lot of memories...

"I remember the times we would be sms-ing each other during exam season so as to make sure each other is still awake and not fall asleep from studying. I also missed all those times when we would be panicking together as we see the exams coming nearer and nearer and yet not studying..."
"I also had an extremely random friend who would do a Hawaiian dance move while walking in the middle of the mall.."
These are some of the things I've mentioned in my speech..
"Only when we were graduating, do I realize how much they mean to me. How fast the years passed by. We were growing up together and now we are going to part..."
At this point of the speech, my tears had start to well up at my eyes. I paused for a while trying to control my tears from dripping down. My voice started to shake but I manage to finish the speech in 7 minutes and 27 seconds and hold in my tears until I went back to my sit. Thats when I couldn't hold it in any longer and it just flow out. It was embarrassing to cry in front of so many people and I do know that many were looking my way. 

Here's the evaluation for my speech...  

































 I'm glad that my speech turn out well *I guess* despite all the pauses and shaky voice..
There were one or two that approached me and say that they liked my speech but I was still in tears that I had to cover my face when I thanked them xD

Anyways, this speech had made me reminisce all the times we had together at CGL..all the hang outs..all the chit chatting sessions..all the nonsense we made..and all the times we spent with each other..

I miss all of you so much and I like to say..you guys are the bestest friends I've ever had <3

5 comments:

  1. Oh Zian!Reading your very first post makes me feel so touched...*sobs* Very well done then for your toastmaster's speech presentation!You are such an effective speaker!You managed to get your messages of your speech across to the audience and this is actually something to be proud of!Well said Zian (although I wasn't present there XD)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks jonie <3 It means alot to me to hear you say that =D and i really miss all those times we talk bout dramas before class starts =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. GASP! New blog! And :'( such a touching post. I do miss you all too. T_T

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha miss you too esther <3
    I've decided to make a new blog since my old one is so dull and dead xD

    ReplyDelete