Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Road Less Travelled

Whewwwwwww
I've finished my fourth speech!
It was really a relieved and I'd talked about a topic which I don't really had the courage to talk about..
Every single time my parents talk to some relatives or friends about this matter..
There will be a number that will say I make a terrible mistake and that I was dumb to not accept it..
It is of course of the fact that I rejected a JPA scholarship to UK to pursue accountancy..

Every time I hear those comments..
I would have a breakdown..
Not because I regretted my choice..
But the fact that I'm still bothered by the words of others..
I'm mad at myself for not being able to be firm and support my own opinion..

I guess you could say..
I've conquered another of my fears..
I am able to speak of that topic!
I am sort of proud of myself at that moment..
Although my speech wasn't perfect..
and I had a lot of room for improvements..
But it was a big step for me.

And I would like to thank someone..
my mentor..
LOH E-JIAT
Although he is always pushing me..
even this assignment I didn't ask him to put me in..
but as usual he acted on his own and put my name in..
However..
without his "pushing"..
I wouldn't strive this far..
so..
THANK YOU!


excuse my ugly writing xD

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love your speech. Keep it up!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YX, from 388 quote book..

    by Nido R. Qubein -
    Successful people don’t lie awake at night agonising over decisions and directions. They are quick to decide and slow to change their minds. unsuccessful people are often slow to decide and quick to change their minds.

    and bear in mind, you are successful..be firm, and decisive when you have said yes, but if you say no, reconsider. *winks* hAHAHAH

    ReplyDelete
  3. A+++! Haha, you know, ever since I've known you, I knew you had great things awaiting you. You had potential, you had the brains. I know you worked hard, I know you did. And when an opportunity that others would regard as one too great to be missed appeared at your doorstep, you decided against it because you knew what you wanted.

    And that, to me, is the most important thing of all. To focus on what you want instead of being swayed by other opinions when it's your future that's on the line.

    Congratulations, I'm proud of you, Eeyore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. eevy : wow you can read ar..so small wor LOL and thanks!

    ejiat : Im still not going to the convention =P

    esther : THANK YOU HUNNY POT!! you are one of those few that actually agrees with my decision and i really appreciate it for believing in me <3

    ReplyDelete